How to highlight your pear body shape
Pear body shape is where the lower body is wider than the upper body. In other words, hips are wider than shoulders, bottom is rounded and waist is well-defined. Emphasise your waist and arms by adding volume to your upper body and minimizing your hips.
Here are tips to minimize your lower half and focus attention upward:
- Don’t wear clothing that draws attention to hips and thighs, such as cargo pants or print skirts
- Do try A-line skirts, which camouflage wider hips.
- Do experiment with light-colored tops and dark-colored bottoms for contrast.
- Do look for boat neck tops, square and cowl necklines.
- Do wear strapless dresses to show off arms and even out proportions.
- Do try styles with ruffles on top.
- Do wear jackets that hit right above the waist.
- Do opt for pointy-toed shoes to elongate your legs.
- Do keep hems of pants, skirts and dresses wide to balance the hips. If they make pants extra long,a small fold is okay on flat shoes.