Matte lipstick, solution for busy girls
Matte lipstick is a type of cosmetic application for lips; it’s famous for its long lasting impact on the lips. Regular lipsticks have gloss and require reapplying through the day, but not matte.
Because of its staying power, Matte is commendable for the busy girls who can’t spare a minute to apply more make-up throughout the day.
Four western makeup artists including celebrity makeup artist, Bobbi Brown give five reasons to apply matte.
1. It’s long-lasting. Matte makeup stays on better than creamy or glossy makeup and it won’t pile up in creases, either. Matte makeup generally contains no slippery mineral oil or petrolatum, so it’s not apt to migrate.
2. Matte foundation is ideal for oily skin. By definition, matte makeup is oil-absorbing. So it’s a happy marriage of form and function for people who start to shine within an hour of applying makeup. For more coverage, apply with a sponge; for less, use your fingers or a brush. As for those with non-oily skin, no need to shy away just modify accordingly.
3. It can divert attention from wrinkles. While matte shadow is flattering on crepey eyelids because it covers the inconsistency in texture, so all looks smooth. Shimmer makeup however highlights the creases on and at the corners of your eyes.
4. It can be a subtle way to try a new shade. Not only can shine bring wrinkles to the fore but it can also make color appear more intense. So if you want to give red lipstick a whirl but don’t want to broadcast it to the world, tap a matte version onto your lips. You will be left with all of the pretty pigment but none of the showy gloss.
5. It’s great in photos. Powdery makeup produces a porcelain finish that never looks greasy or shiny in pictures.
However, the long-lasting nature of matte lipstick creates a drying effect which isn’t usually preferred by older women who tend to have dry skin. Additionally, it does not work well on the cracked lips of women of any age because it doesn’t contain any emollients, which are responsible for moisturizing the skin are responsible for moisturizing the skin. Matte comes in different solid colours.